Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If your home or business has water damage, you could have mold growth in as little as 48 hours. Unfortunately, mold isn't usually something you should ignore—it can significantly damage your home and possibly cause health effects. While you might be tempted to handle it yourself, if you don't have the right training, you can actually actually make the problem worse.
SERVPRO of Iredell County is a Mooresville-based mold remediation company that is trained and experienced in addressing mold problems. Our IICRC-certified technicians inspect your property and take the necessary steps to handle any mold growth.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (704) 872-7466
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Iredell County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Iredell County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Norman
- Eagle Mills
- Cool Springs
- Union Grove