“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Believe it or not, there is always a little mold everywhere—on surfaces and even in the air. Although we cannot see them with the naked eye, mold spores can lie dormant for a long time before they are activated by moisture. Due to the number and size of these spores, it's impossible to completely remove them from your home or business. Even though some businesses advertise "mold removal" services and guarantee to remove all mold, this is a misconception.
At SERVPRO of Iredell County, our professionals understand that mold generally only presents a problem when there is active growth. Our Mooresville-based team of mold experts is fully trained and certified to perform mold remediation. Instead of falsely claiming to remove all mold from your property, the remediation process focuses on addressing active mold growth in your home or business.
You can learn more about the remediation process by visiting Mold Remediation.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (704) 872-7466
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (704) 872-7466
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Iredell County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2020 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: