Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard contaminants can pose a serious health risk and should be considered dangerous. Unless you have the proper training and equipment to clean and dispose of this type of contamination, you should leave the cleanup to the professionals. Fortunately, our experts at SERVPRO of Iredell County have the training and experience to handle these types of incidents.
For more than a decade, we have helped hundreds of homes and businesses in the Mooresville area recover from flooding, sewage backups, and other types of biohazard scenarios. We use specialized tools and equipment to keep you and our employees safe from contamination. If you have biohazard contaminants at your home or business, our professionals are available to help!
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (704) 872-7466
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Iredell County has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Norman
- Eagle Mills
- Cool Springs
- Union Grove