If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (704) 872-7466

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Tips to Avoid Electrical Fires

11/29/2018 (Permalink)

A recent report from the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) shows home electrical fires claim the lives of 280 Americans each year and injure 1,000 more. Many electrical fires in the home or workplace care caused by overloaded circuits and extension cords.  Many electrical fires can be avoided if basic safety precautions are taken.

·         Routinely check your electrical appliances and wiring.

·         Frayed wires can cause fires. Replace all worn, old or damaged appliance cords immediately

·         Replace any electrical tool or appliance if it overheats, shorts out, causes even small electrical shocks, or gives off smoke or sparks.

·         If an appliance has a three-prong plug, use it only in a three-slot outlet. Never force it into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.

·         Use electrical extension cords wisely; never overload extension cords or wall sockets

Other News

View Recent Posts